Friday, August 21, 2009

What can I make with two old computers.?

I have two computers that are probably ten years old. One doesn't have an OS. I was wondering if I could use parts to plug it into my new computer and use it as a external hard drive or maybe a USB flash drive type of thing. Or perhaps i could plug the whole thing into my laptop and I don't know. Have any ideas what i could do with these two computers would be great.



What can I make with two old computers.?norton internet security



Boat anchors come to mind...



http://www.storm.ca/~rbutton/macuddersid...



What can I make with two old computers.?spyware remove



Some really good door stops.
A floppy disk drive might be useful but everything else will be slow or incompatible. One of those cheap USB pen drives will be faster than a 10 year old disk.
One of my PCs dates to 1997 and is still in daily use, in fact we work it very hard. About 6 months ago I upgraded it to Windows 98 SE (from 95), and it has a whole new lease of life (it was getting harder to live with 95, but 98 SE is still widely supported). We have a full MS Office suite on it, and dozens of games, it gets used for quite a variety of things. So, why not go on using your old PCs, or give them to someone who will?
Old computer with OS, can be used to store movies, songs, which you can share with your friends and relatives. With TV tuner it can be connected to Cable TV for recording TV shows, programs of your choice .
You could make a homemade firewall/router.

No comments:

Post a Comment