Friday, August 21, 2009

How do I restore communication between two computers using different version of Windows?

#1 uses Vista



#2 uses Vista



#3 uses XP



=======



#2 can see 1%263 (can only connect to 3)



#3 can see 1%262 (can only connect to 2)



#1 can see 2 (and transfer to 2 only)



#1%262 are on the same switch



Yesterday everything was fine. I could communicate with all computers.



=======



I have reset the modem, router and switch



I have reset all the computers



I have reset the adapters



=======



#1 was connected to the private network "WCG" and "WG1" yesterday. Today, #1 is in a public network and I switched it back to the private, however, it does not resolve any problems.



Discovery is switched ON #All



File Sharing switched ON #All



WTH is going on I am stumped.



Girl comes to me today and says, "hey I did something with Nortons." This was on computer one.



Didn't think anything of it until now. I am going back to work at 5:30AM (Pacific Standard). Any suggestions? I don't need a Geek, they can't help, I need a Tech. PLEASE HELP!!!



How do I restore communication between two computers using different version of Windows?nortin



Try the Windows Vista community at



http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows...



How do I restore communication between two computers using different version of Windows?pc security

No comments:

Post a Comment