Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How can I disable USB/FLOPPY/CD-ROM DRIVES for some Computers in a LAN Network remotely?

I am a LAN supervisor, the server is Windows 2003, and I want to disable USB/FLOPPY/CD-ROM DRIVES for 12 computers remotely (at once) and again if I want to enable it.



I want only disable them for 12 computers not all 50 computers. It should be done at once and remotely not by logging locally one by one. Users are members of a domain. Each computer has a definite IP.



The Active directory is installed and computers are connected via a router.



How can I do this?



How can I disable USB/FLOPPY/CD-ROM DRIVES for some Computers in a LAN Network remotely?stinger



you can create a bat file and add it to group policy



it content is a bout amend register table to hide or forbid usb/floppy/cd-rom drives



or use other security software such as GFI LANGuard Portable Storage Control.v2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment