Friday, August 21, 2009

How do i let my computers"comunicate" with eachother?

i have a network. basically my desktop is conected by ethernet and my laptop is conected by the wireless lan. i have a very basic network which only shares internet. i have a lynsiks router. so how do i let my computers "communicate" with eachother? also i want to share files and pictures within my 2 computers.



How do i let my computers"comunicate" with eachother?ktm



1) Make sure the names are them same on Workgroup



-Control Panel, system, computer Name. Click 'Change', enter name=pc1 or pc2 , Workgroup must be the same on both comptuers.



2) Turn off all software firewalls for now. Windows, Zonealarm...etc.



3) OK. do not reboot right now.



4) Open windows explorer, and pick your directory you want to share. Right click on it, Sharing and Security, click Share this Folder, give it a name. When you're finished, it should have a little hand showing on the folder in Windows Explorer. Repeat on other computer.



5) when finished, reboot both computers...and voila! Check My Network Connections.



How do i let my computers"comunicate" with eachother?nortan



put on file sharing on the computer the files are on, share that folder, not its ip address and type it in the other computer.



open my computer and the it in the address bar with a back slash, it will search that ip address for shared folders and voila you should see it . ie \xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment