Friday, August 21, 2009

How do I connect two computers with each other and to the internet?

I've two computers(PC) in my home and recently I got a broadband internet connection. Now I want to setup a home network where I can connect the two computers with each other to share files as well as to share the internet too.



Can I just do it with a simple cable without using any additional device?... Or if I do need to use one, which one is cost effective, swictch/hub/router?



How do I connect two computers with each other and to the internet?norton



router,i have two comps and am using a router to connect them both to the net, a hub (i think) is if you jsut want to network your computers together but not ontot he internet, same with a switch.



How do I connect two computers with each other and to the internet?spyware remover



You need a router. You connect everything in the following way: DSL/cable modem =%26gt; router =%26gt; both of your computers
Use a switch
If you can get a wireless router hooked up to your broadband modem first. Get a USB wireless adapter for each of the computer if you don't already have one. Then you can hook up the computers to the wireless router easily. Now to share the files from each computer, you can share the folder from each computer.



To share the folder,right click on the folder on computer #1 and select share and give it a share name. Go to computer #2 and go to WIndows Explorer and map the shared drive with the name you gave in computer #1. Now computer #2 can see the folder on computer #1. Do the same thing for computer #2 and #1.
This a very simple problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment