Friday, August 21, 2009

I need to network 2 computers together I know I need a router and us cords or cable cords?

how hard is it . My computer is recognized by its IP address through a cable service. Will I be able to use the one IP address for the rest of the computers I network



I need to network 2 computers together I know I need a router and us cords or cable cords?pop up blocker



you will need 2 ethernet cables assuming you have ethernet cards in each computer. 1 cable goes from 1 computer into the router. 1 cable goes from the other computer into the router. you will also need a cable to go from the modem to the router. each computer will have a different ip address. usually it is just 1 number difference.



i have 2 compujters networked together and the ip address on 1 would be like 192.163.1.2 and the other would be 192.163.1.3



jerry r.



I need to network 2 computers together I know I need a router and us cords or cable cords?systemworks



Each computer will have it's own physical address, but the IP address on the computers will be the same. This may not be the case based on your Internet service provider. There are multiple IP addresses, there is one from the ISP and there is one that the computer has it self. And you need a ethernet cable, make sure you don't get a crossover cable. Crossovers are used for different things. I'm not sure if i fully understand your question since there are different ip addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment